PRESENTER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
On behalf of The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, thank you for agreeing to participate in Pharmacy Connect 2019.
To help make your speaking experience as simple and trouble-free as possible, we have developed answers to ‘Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Presenters’ below.
Need help applying for CPD? Call us on 07 3144 3606 or email email@example.com.
When should I arrive at the venue for my session?
Please arrive at the conference at least 30 minutes prior to your session and advise staff at the Registration Desk that you are onsite. If you arrive within this timeframe you will be taken directly to your session room and introduced to the session Chairperson or Chairperson’s support person.
Following your presentation you are free to leave the session room, unless arrangements have been made with your session sponsor to remain until the end of the session block.
If I arrive early, will a quiet space be available for me to run through my presentation?
Yes, a meeting room will be available with tea, coffee, water and light refreshments will also be available.
What happens if I am running late?
If you are running late for your session, please call the Pharmacy Connect Event Manager, Emma Fernance, on 0402 427 691. Emma will liaise with the session Chairperson and develop a contingency plan for your presentation time.
Is there parking available at the venue?
Yes, Hilton self-parking is available at Secure Car Park for a cost of $55.40 per day per entry (prices may change without prior notice). Car park access details are as follows:
- Enter Secure Parking via the driveway at 255 Pitt Street. Once you turn left onto driveway, follow the down ramp on the right hand side to the underground car park. Make sure to enter Hilton/Secure parking, not Wilson Parking.
- At the boom gate, collect 2 tickets from the machine (the button only needs to be pressed once) and wait for 2 tickets to be produced.
- Proceed through gate and follow the signs around to the right, pulling up at the stop sign where an attendant will be waiting to park your vehicle.
If there is no attendant and you must leave your vehicle, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE VEHICLE
- As parking is complimentary for speakers on the day of their presentation, please collect a parking voucher from the registration desk on your arrival at the conference
Do I need to bring a copy of my presentation with me?
Yes. Although we will have your presentation loaded and ready for you on arrival at your session, we request that you bring an additional copy on a USB on the day of your session as a precaution.
How will I know when my presentation time is up?
Each session has a Chairperson who will advise you when you have five (5) minutes left in your session. Once again, to ensure the sessions run smoothly and as a courtesy to other speakers, please restrict your presentation to the allocated timeframe.
3. PRE-CONFERENCE – CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) ACCREDITATION
Why must I apply for CPD accreditation for my session?
The accreditation of sessions allows pharmacists to gain CPD credits when they attend accredited sessions. Each year, pharmacists must earn a specified number of credits to maintain registration. In our experience, sessions which have been accredited for CPD credits are more likely to attract higher numbers of delegates.
All presenters must apply for CPD accreditation for their session. The only exception to this are sessions with a predominately commercial and promotional focus (e.g. advertorial and product-based sessions). If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Events Manager.
What is involved in the CPD accreditation process?
For a session to be eligible for CPD accreditation certain material (as outlined below) must be submitted. Once you have submitted the required material, The Pharmacy Guild of Australia will review the session information against the criteria described in the Accreditation Standards for Continuing Professional Development Activities. If further information is required from the presenter, the Event Manager will be in contact.
Which documents and material do I need to submit for my session to be CPD accredited?
|Speaker Registration & Agreement Form||Friday, 5 July 2019|
|Completed CPD Accreditation Application Form for each presenter||Friday, 9 August 2019|
|Final PowerPoint presentation on template*||Friday, 9 August 2019|
|Handouts/instructional material (if applicable)||Friday, 9 August 2019|
|Assessment questions (Multiple Choice Questions/MCQs) with correct answer highlighted – at least five (5) MCQs are required for activities of a duration of up to one hour||Friday, 9 August 2019|
Session material submitted after 9 August will not be eligible for CPD accreditation. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All presenters, whether applying for CPD accreditation or not, must submit their presentation by this deadline
Can I get help with submitting my application?
Yes, The Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s Queensland Branch is pleased to offer all speakers access to Guild staff who can assist with the application process (e.g. creating multiple choice questions) and answer any questions. Please contact the Events Manager for further information.
What if I need to make changes to my PowerPoint presentation after I submit it?
The CPD accreditation review process will be undertaken on any material submitted up to Friday, 9 August 2019. Changes to presentations are not permitted once accreditation has taken place, as any changes to the accredited presentation will need to be reviewed again.
I need some handy hints for developing my PowerPoint presentation and MCQs – can you assist?
- Content should be relevant and contemporaneous to the pharmacy industry
- Please ensure that current and complete references are included in your presentation, where applicable (e.g. all figures and diagrams should be referenced, where applicable)
- When referring to available products, both the drug and brand name(s) of the product should be listed – e.g. ibuprofen (Nurofen, Advil, Brufen, Rafen). Reference to a product only by its brand name only is not acceptable
- Content should be free of commercial bias and have no promotional content. The inclusion of the image of a specific product, but not other similar products on the market, is not acceptable – e.g. it is not adequate to just have the image of Nurofen on the presentation if referring to iburpofen products. Other ibuprofen products should also be included (e.g. Advil, Brufen, Rafen)
- When referring to a product or service it must be presented in a way which outlines the overall concept rather than an individual product and/or service, e.g. discuss a pharmacy adherence program concept rather than a specific service such as GuildCare New to Therapy or Compliance programs
- Your presentation content must cover information for the assessment questions that will be asked of participants when seeking CPD points
PLEASE BRING A COPY OF YOUR PRESENTATION ON USB WITH YOU TO THE CONFERENCE AS A BACK UP
- Please provide at least three (3) key messages you want the audience to take from your presentation
- Please provide at least five (5) multiple choice questions for your presentation
- MCQs answers must:
- have at least four (4) plausible answers (A-D)
- not include ‘true / false’, ‘all of the above’ and /or ‘ don’t know’ answer options
- Highlight the correct answer for each question
- Each question must be based on the content covered in the session and questions must relate back to all of the specified learning objecives
- Please ensure questions are of sufficient difficulty and can’t be answered unless the participant actually attends the session
2. PRE-CONFERENCE – SPEAKER INFORMATION
When is my presentation?
To view your presentation day, time and session room, please download a copy of the latest program here.
How much time do I have to present?
All sessions have been allocated 45 minutes. To ensure sessions run smoothly and as a courtesy to other speakers, please restrict your presentation to this timeframe.
Do I need to allow time for questions when preparing my presentation?
Yes. Speaker should allow for and factor in five minutes at the end of their presentation for questions. (i.e. 40 minutes presentation plus 5 minutes for questions)
Please note: Sessions which are CPD accredited must include time for questions from the audience.
Will I be provided with a PowerPoint template for my presentation?
Yes. A PowerPoint template, which you are encouraged to use for audio visual consistency, will be emailed to you. If you have not received this please contact the Event Manager.
If you do not wish to use the template, please create your presentation in widescreen format (16:9).
Which audio visual tools will be available for my session?
The following audio visual equipment will be available in your session room:
- lectern & microphone
- lapel microphone
- laser pointer
- dual projection screens
If you require additional audio visual equipment, please advise the Event Manager.
Will my session be published or made available to delegates after the conference?
Each conference session will be recorded and provided in the online session recordings, which are emailed to delegates and session sponsors post-event. If you do not wish your session to be recorded please indicate this on the Speaker Registration & Agreement Form.
Do I need to register for the conference?
Yes. All speakers are entitled to a complimentary day registration on the day of their presentation (unless otherwise advised by the Event Manager). If you wish to attend the whole conference you may upgrade to a Full Registration for a discounted rate. To register please download the Speaker Registration & Agreement Form and return this by Friday, 5 July 2019.
If I require accommodation, how do I book this?
If accommodation has not been arranged by your session sponsor or The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, you can book accommodation here. Special conference accommodation rates have been negotiated with the conference venue.
1. PRE-CONFERENCE – EVENT DETAILS
When and where is the conference being held?
Pharmacy Connect 2019 is taking place on 5-7 September at the Hilton Sydney, 488 George Street, Sydney.
Who attends the event?
Pharmacy Connect attracts pharmacists, pharmacy owners, pharmacy staff, pharmacy group executives, pharmacy managers, interns, students and industry representatives.
What is Pharmacy Connect?
Pharmacy Connect is an annual national conference hosted by The Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s New South Wales Branch. The event offers attendees pre-conference workshops, a two day education program, 50 stand trade exhibition, Welcome Reception and Cocktail Party (Gala Dinner.
The event is designed to meet the need for an industry conference that allows pharmacists, business owners and the wider sector to stay abreast of changing regulations and new business opportunities in the second half of the year.
This is the fourth year Pharmacy Connect has been held. This year’s conference theme is ‘Innovation, Transformation, Collaboration’.
For any speaker related questions before, during or after the event, please contact:
Pharmacy Connect Event Manager
P. 0402 427 691