CONNECTING SAFELY AT PHARMACY CONNECT 2022
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia is committed to the health and safety of all Pharmacy Connect attendees. Considerable planning is taking place to ensure Pharmacy Connect is safe for delegates, exhibitors and staff.
Pharmacy Connect 2022 will operate under the Hilton Sydney’s COVID-19 Safety Plan, which is available on request.
To mitigate any risks associated with COVID-19, the following measures will be implemented for the safety and wellbeing of staff and attendees:
REFUSAL OF ENTRY TO DELEGATES WHO ARE UNWELL
If any of the following apply to you, you must not attend Pharmacy Connect:
• You are required to self-isolate under laws aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19
• You have been diagnosed as having COVID-19
• You have experienced symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss of taste or smell in the last 14 days
• You or a member of your household has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
• You or a member or your household has been in close contact with anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms
• You or a member of your household has travelled overseas in the past 14 days
• You or a member of your household has travelled to a COVID-19 hotspot in Australia in the past 14 days
INCREASED HYGIENE MEASURES
• Hand sanitiser stations being made available at hygiene stations throughout the venue
• Disinfection of seating and touchpoints being conducted on a frequent basis
• Increased cleaning of venue spaces and handrails being conducted
• Increased cleaning of bathrooms being conducted
MAINTAINING PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Whilst physical distancing is the responsibility of each individual attendee, the following measures will be put in place to assist with maintaining physical distancing:
• Physical distancing markers will be placed at queuing areas such as food service and registration
• Capacities in the session rooms and the trade exhibition will be monitored
• Staff monitoring of traffic flow and distancing will occur
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
To help us ensure that Pharmacy Connect is a COVID Safe event for all attendees, we ask you to do the following:
• If you haven’t already registered for the event, make sure you register online before arriving at the venue (online registration will be open during the event – you can register on your mobile phone)
• Bring your registration QR code with you – this will be sent via email the week prior to Pharmacy Connect and will also available on the event mobile app
• Download the event app – as well as accessing your registration QR code, the app will also allow you to receive any important notifications during the event. Some event information is only available via the app, e.g. there will be no printed programs available
• Collect your name badge early – to avoid queues at the registration on Thursday afternoon, we highly recommend collecting your name badge in the morning (registration is open from 8.30am on Thursday).
• Check in to the venue each day using a QR code. Please allow extra time each day, particularly on Thursday afternoon, to check in. Entrance will only be granted to delegates who receive a green tick of approval
• Check in to the social functions and ensure that any guests accompanying you also check in
• Observe physical distancing (1.5m) where possible
• Wear a face mask in situations where you may not be able to maintain physical distancing or if you are moving through areas where lots of people are gathered. We recommend keeping a mask with you so that if you find yourself in one of these situations, you have some added protection