What is Pharmacy Connect?
Pharmacy Connect is an annual conference hosted by The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, New South Wales Branch. The event offers a two day education program, trade exhibition, Welcome Reception and a Gala Dinner (refer to the Program page for further details).
When and where is the conference and trade exhibition being held?
The conference and trade exhibition will be held at the Hilton Sydney, 488 George Street, Sydney.
Conference sessions are held on Friday 7 and Saturday 8 September. Please visit the Program page for session information and times.
The trade exhibition is open from 10.45am – 4.00pm on Friday 7 September and 10.00am – 1.30pm on Saturday 8 September.
How many trade exhibition stands will be on display?
There will be over 50 trade stands showcasing the latest industry products and services.
Can you tell me if a specific company is exhibiting?
Please visit the Trade Exhibition page, which is regularly updated as new trade exhibition bookings are received.
Who can attend?
Admission to the conference is restricted to professional persons working or studying within the pharmacy industry.
Can I bring guests to the social events?
Yes, extra tickets to both the Welcome Reception and the Gala Dinner can be purchased online with your registration. Additional Welcome Reception tickets can be purchased for $85 each and additional Gala Dinner tickets for $165 each.
Will I be eligible to receive Continuing Professional Development points (CPD)?
Yes. Most conference sessions will be eligible for CPD points. A CPD Accreditation & Credits Summary will be provided prior to the conference which will outline how many credits have been allocated to each session. If you wish to record your CPD credits using myCPD, you can register for a myCPD account at www.mycpd.org.au.
What is the cut-off date for registrations?
Online registrations will be accepted until midnight on Friday 31 August 2018. After this time, registrations will be available onsite at the Hilton Hotel Sydney.
Can I register onsite?
Yes, onsite registrations will be accepted.
What should I do if I don’t receive any confirmation or receipt?
A confirmation of registration and tax invoice will be issued to your email address on submission of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your ‘junk’ or ‘spam’ folders or check that the email address you provided when registering is correct. If a confirmation has not been received please contact the Events Division of The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, Queensland Branch on 07 3831 3788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you check my registration?
Yes. You can contact the Events Division of The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, Queensland Branch on 07 3831 3788 or email email@example.com to check if your registration has been submitted successfully.
Are conference related costs tax deductible?
This depends on individual circumstances. Please contact your tax professional to discuss this.
Will you be sending my name badge and function tickets to me before the conference?
No, your name badge and function tickets will be available for collection from the Registration Desk onsite on arrival at the conference.
I need to cancel. Is there a cancellation/refund policy?
All cancellations and requests for registration refunds must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cancellations of individual registrations made on or before 1 August 2018 will receive a refund of their registration fees (if paid) less a $100.00 per person administration fee.
2. Refunds will NOT be processed for cancellations after 1 August 2018, however substitute delegates will be accepted as long as we are notified by email by Friday 31 August 2018.
3. No refunds will be issued until after the conference.
4. No refunds will be given for non-attendance at the conference.
5. Cancellations of accommodation:
- if booked through the Pharmacy Connect website:
- if cancelled by 5 August, delegates will receive a full refund of the relevant accommodation fees; or
- if cancelled after 5 August, accommodation cannot be refunded; and
- if booked through a source other than the Pharmacy Connect website, cancellation policies are at the discretion of the organisation concerned.
6. Airline cancellations are at the discretion of the organisation concerned.
Accommodation & Travel
Are there special accommodation rates?
Yes. Special rates have been negotiated with the Hilton Hotel Sydney for delegates and exhibitors. Bookings must be made through the event organisers to receive these special rates. Please visit our Accommodation & Travel page for more information.
Is there parking at the conference?
Secure Parking is located at 255 Pitt Street, Sydney at a cost $55.40 per day per entry (prices may change without prior notice).
- To access the Secure Parking site, please enter via the driveway at 255 Pitt Street. Once you turn left onto the driveway, follow the down ramp on the right hand side to the underground car park. Be sure to enter Hilton/Secure parking, not Wilson Parking.
- At the boom gate, collect 2 tickets from the machine (the button only needs to be pressed once) and wait for 2 tickets to be produced.
- Proceed through gate and follow the signs around to the right, pulling up at the stop sign where an attendant will be waiting to park your vehicle. **If there is no attendant and you must leave your vehicle, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE VEHICLE**
- Secure Parking Lifts are located next to the guest relations desk from ground floor of the hotel.
- Take Secure Parking’s ticket & Hilton’s voucher to the cashier’s desk and follow their instructions.
Is the conference venue accessible via public transport?
Hilton Sydney is conveniently located within walking distance to Town Hall Train Station, which is directly linked to Sydney Domestic Airport terminal.
Buses which service the city’s northern, southern, eastern and western suburbs are accessible from nearby bus stops. For information on Sydney bus routes visit http://www.sydneybuses.info/. Sydney CBD also has extensive cycle ways making transportation in and around the city easy.
Are childminding facilities available?
Babysitting services can be arranged with the hotel concierge.
Is wireless internet available at Hilton Sydney?
Yes, there is free wi-fi available in public areas throughout the hotel.
What is the dress code for the conference?
Conference sessions – smart casual or business
Welcome Reception – smart casual or business
Gala Dinner – cocktail
Who is hosting the event?
The event is being hosted by The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, New South Wales Branch.
Who is the event organiser?
The organiser of the event is The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, Queensland Branch. Please contact the organiser by emailing email@example.com or by calling 07 3831 3788.